The Albany Museum of Art Again Offers Two Holiday Art Camps for K-7th Graders
"These two camps always bring so much joy and warmth to the AMA,” Annie Vanoteghem, director of education and public programming for the AMA, said. “The holidays are a magical time, and we are so thrilled to be able to provide a safe place for creative expression, friends, and all-around good cheer as we make our way into 2023!"
The Libby Womack Holiday Workshop, named for the longtime educator and AMA Trustee, provides an opportunity for kids to get creative at the museum in the days leading to Christmas, a period when many parents are busy attending to important last-minute details. The workshops offer gallery explorations, art instruction, and fun art-making projects, with different instruction and activities planned for each day.
After Santa’s visit, parents can be understandably fatigued. To help them get over the bustle, the AMA’s Parents Holiday Recovery Camp keeps campers engaged creatively as they make the transition from the holidays to the restart of school in the new year.
“These art camps usually fill up early, and we are already signing ups kids,” Vanoteghem said. “Parents will want to register their campers soon, while space is still available.”
You can get information about the camps HERE. You can register your camper HERE.
Vanoteghem noted that scholarships to the camps are available. A link to apply for a scholarship may be found HERE.
Parents with questions about the AMA’s winter holidays camps may email Vanoteghem HERE or call her at 229.439.8400.
- Fighters for Freedom: William H. Johnson Picturing Justice is in The Haley Gallery, Sept 1-Dec 10, 2022. Organized by the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Generous support is provided by Art Bridges.
- Wayna: Her Dreams of Ethiopia, Works by Tracy Murrell is in the East Gallery, Sept 1, 2022- Jan 7, 2023.
- Georgia Artists Guild of Albany, 29th Juried Exhibition is in the McCormack Gallery, Sept 1, 2022-Jan 7, 2023.
- Escape Plan, Installation by Elinor Saragoussi is in the West Gallery.
- AMA ChalkFest, Nov 19, 2022, 10 am-5 pm, Front Street and Veterans Park Amphitheater. Admission is free. Get info HERE.
ABOUT THE ALBANY MUSEUM OF ART
The Albany Museum of Art is located at 311 Meadowlark Drive in Albany, Ga., adjacent to Albany State University West Campus just off Gillionville Road. The museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Albany Museum of Art is open to the public 10 am-5 pm Tuesdays through Saturdays. Admission is free.
For more information about the AMA please visit our website, www.albanymuseum.com, or call 229.439.8400. Be sure to follow the AlbanyArtMuseum on Twitter, AlbanyMuseum on Instagram, and AlbanyMuseumOfArt on Facebook.