The Albany Museum of Art is sure to be a worthwhile field trip or family outing destination. It is important to remember and practice proper museum etiquette in order to ensure everyone is safe and having the best time possible at our museum. Some rules to remember are listed below.
1. Food, drink and gum: all are prohibited in our museum galleries. While we do not allow food or drink inside our museum we do have picnic tables outside where a pleasant lunch or snack could be enjoyed.
2. Flash photography: Photography is NOT allowed in our temporary exhibitions in the Haley Gallery. Nonflash photography is allowed in our permanent galleries. Please check with your museum teacher or docent prior to taking pictures.
3. Touching: no artwork should be touched by visitors. We do offer the interactive area, AMAzing Space, for children to enjoy.
4. Horseplay: Running, shoving and other physical activity can damage museum artifacts or put other visitors in danger so it is prohibited.
5. Noise: Loud noises may disturb other visitors to the museum so yelling, loud laughing and whistling should be avoided.
If you have any questions about what you can and can not do in our museum, please contact us at 229.439.8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Tuesday - Saturday | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m Closed Mondays and major holidays (please call to confirm holiday closing dates) 311 Meadowlark Drive Albany, GA 31707 Phone: 229.439.8400 | Fax: 229.439.1332 | email@example.com Admission is always free and we are open to all ages.